Thursday, July 15, 2010

So long, farewell...

Thank you so much for your prayers and support during finals… as far as I know, they went really well! I can hardly believe that I will be on an airplane only 48 hours from now! CRAZY! These past two months have been full of adventure, challenges, changes, and BEAUTIFUL memories that I know I will treasure forever. Here are a few examples that I’d love to share with you.
1. I have seen monkeys, dolphins, lizards, iguanas, a sloth and a stingray in their natural habitats. How cool is God, with creatures like THOSE walking (slash swimming slash slithering) around?
2. I now enjoy my mid-afternoon coffee (I was surprised, too).
3. I have had a dream in Spanish and thoughts have started occurring to me in the language.
4. I have become MUCH more comfortable dancing…this is a big accomplishment, because I am pretty sure that I de-planed with two left feet two months ago!
5. I have experienced the evidence of the beauty of my Savior in His creation over and over again, in the taste of salt in the Pacific, in the sun streaming down to the rainforest floor, in the sound of little lizards in the night…and, most importantly, in new ways in my own life.
Thank you all so much for accompanying me on my own “Great Adventure” in this beautiful country… I will write to you all one more time from my OWN homeland very shortly!
! Gracias por todo el apoyo y amor!
Costa Rica Chica

1 comment: